OSMO Top-Oil, 3038, Terra, 500ml
- An easy to apply food safe oil and wax finish especially suited for worktops and furniture
- Excellent resistance against liquids such as water, juices, wine, coffee, beer and fizzy drinks
- Provides a tough, durable, lasting finish
- Ideal for use in high humidity areas
- Does not peel, flake, crack or blister
- Enhances the natural beauty of wood
- Based on natural oils and waxes
- Easy to reapply and repair
Achieve a range of effects with the following Osmo worktop oil products:
- Osmo Top Oil Matt (3058) emphasises the wood's grain and natural characteristics, and provides a warm and rich effect without a sheen
- Osmo Top Oil Satin (3028) is subtle with a noble shimmer which resembles and emphasises the wood grain modestly
- Osmo Top Oil Natural (3068) Is designed to better retain the natural, untreated look of lighter woods such as Oak, Pine, Larch and Beech. It is not recommended for use on darker exotic hardwoods such as Iroko as it may produce a slightly milky or white film effect on the surface. This is caused by the very small amount of white pigment used in the oil to retain the natural, untreated appearance of lighter coloured timbers
- Osmo Top Oil Acacia (3061) is a lightly tinted version that adds a brown hue to worktops for an elegant finish
- Osmo Top Oil Graphite (3039) is a lightly tinted version that adds a dark grey hue to worktops for a stylish finish
- Osmo Top Oil Terra (3038) is a lightly tinted version that adds a dark brown hue to worktops for a rich toned finish
- Osmo Top Oil White (3037) is a lightly tinted version that adds a white hue to worktops for a brighter, whitewash or Scandinavian type finish
Ensure that your wooden surfaces are are clear of dirt, debris and other contaminates before applying Osmo Top Oil.
- New or previously oiled wood can be lightly sanded back to a 120-150 grit finish
- Once sanded, wipe off any dust from sanding or vacuum the surface.
Always do a test area before starting any project to assess product suitability and final finish. Follow the manufacturer's instructions on the tin at all times. Osmo Top Oil is ready to use and does not require thinning. Stir well or shake the tin for at least one minute before use.
- Apply Osmo Top Oil thinly along the wood grain using a good quality brush or mohair roller
- Work the oil into the surface of the wood grain
- Allow to dry appropriately with good ventilation for eight to ten hours (overnight is best)
- Lightly denib the surface with 320 or 400 grit sandpaper taking care to remove all dust that this may create
- Apply a second coat as above
The grain of the wood is enhanced once this product has been applied and if the final finish is not shiny enough, buffing it with a cloth will create a sheen. Because the natural oils and waxes penetrate deeply into the surface they help to keep the wood supple thus preventing it from getting dry and brittle, therefore reducing swelling and shrinkage.
If a deeper satin finish is required, the oiled surface can be polished with Osmo Liquid Wax Cleaner once the surface has fully dried.
Oiled surfaces should never be cleaned with steam cleaners, harsh household detergents or general kitchen cleaners. These cleaning products will likely degrade the finish and its performance.
Kitchen work surfaces and table tops that have been treated with Osmo Top Oil can be cleaned with Osmo Wash And Care and a damp, lint-free cloth, then wiped dry.
Stubborn marks and stains can be removed by using Osmo Liquid Wax Cleaner, that both cleans and regenerates oiled surfaces.
Renovating, even partially, is easy. Just clean and re-treat worn areas with a thin coat of Osmo Top Oil - no sanding, no repair marks and no removal of previous Top Oil finish is required. No repair marks will be visible if applied thinly and appropriately.